The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is back! We had ALS themselves come on over to us for the 2015 ALS Ice Bucket Challenge today and boy was it a (chilly) success! To those of you who don’t know, we are going to do a quick recap on what the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is and why it’s important.
- – What is ALS? ALS which stands for, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, is a disease that affects both the spinal cord & nerve cells in the brain. While it does not have a cure yet, the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge will continue every August until a cure is found! #EveryAugustUntilACure.
– When did the Ice Bucket Challenge begin? The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge began last summer in 2014 and became the world’s largest social media phenomenon, literally. From Facebook & Instagram videos (insert our Instagram link) of celebrities icing one another to making a splash at your place of work, the Ice Bucket Challenge went viral. Now, the major focus for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is continuing to have it go viral every August until a cure. That way, we can all preserve, continue to promote the cause, and hopefully have a cure found for it SOON!
How do you participate? The steps are simple:
- 1. ACCEPT the challenge
- 2. RECORD the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness
- 3. UPLOAD to social media & nominate friends to participate
- 4. GIVE a donation to support ALS
*For our video of WEDO Charity Auction’s 2015 ALS Ice Bucket Challenge check out our Facebook! Challenge accepted! #EveryAugustUntilACure. We nominate MediaFuel, Soodity, and Business Art. You have 24 hours!
*People featured: Steve, Kristen, Lauren, Ellen & Olivia