If you believe you would be a good fit after reviewing the description and requirements – please submit all resumes to [email protected]
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized Event Manager to produce events from conception through completion. Our ideal candidate will be able to provide outstanding customer service and organize memorable events that meet the intended goals and expectations both creatively and consistently. S/he must be able to work well within time limits to plan, resource, and oversee the events. Excellent people skills are a must as s/he will be working with clients directly to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction. The abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role involves overseeing the event as well as details such as training volunteers, registering of guests, coordinating with AV needs, bidding assisting, handling the invitee list, special guests, equipment, and closing out of guest purchases. If you are organized, creative, and passionate about planning, we’d love to meet you!
Please be advised this is a part-time position. Most events take place on Fridays and Saturdays, although some midweek events may occur. The location of events varies and includes the Greater Indianapolis Areas.
Onsite WEDO Managers are responsible for executing and managing WEDO events in person for the client.
The essential job functions for the person in this role include:
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with clients, identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Commitment to travel.
- Able to produce 40 on-site events and 20 remote events.
- Manage WEDO staff.
- Setup and manage the WEDO technology including: WEDO proprietary software, laptops, tablets, credit card readers, WEDO iPad/tablet devices.
- Manage and resolve all WEDO related client expectations.
- Provide software training to client & staff, volunteers and guests.
- Follow-through and willingness to conduct pre-and post-event evaluations, reporting on the outcomes.
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
- Network within Non Profit communities, being involved with the community around you to make a difference and positive impact
- Work with client to ensure software is fully utilized to maximize event revenue.
- Renew personal client contracts.
- Aid in lead generation and partnership development.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2 years total work experience in event management desirable
- Management of external event staff, volunteers and guests
- Strong leadership skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills
- Exceptional communication skills – including: written, interpersonal and public speaking
- Highly organized with the ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High level of initiative
- Comfortable with using intuitive web based software as well as smartphone technology (iPhone and Android)
- Basic knowledge of setting up hardware (tablets/laptops) using Wi-Fi technology
About WEDO Charity Auctions
WEDO serves as the premier package for nonprofits to utilize technology while simultaneously integrating EXPERTISE. We tackle the many obstacles that nonprofits face head on and are here to EMPOWER clients and provide them with SUCCESS.
We work with our clients to develop a relationship based on TRUST. Without trust, results cannot be achieved. It starts with a conversation and from there the freshest ideas are developed to engage donors and attract new ones.
By offering a TAILORED, CUSTOMIZED approach, WEDO is able to save clients time and resources. As a result, clients are able to focus on PARTNERSHIPS and the bigger picture. Our team is here to add VALUE with impeccable SERVICE and superior TECHNOLOGY.
With a two-tiered approach, we utilize event and mobile bidding technology to ENGAGE clients’ partners. We use our technology and EXPERTISE as a catalyst to develop strategies and processes that ensure continued SUCCESS and GROWTH for clients.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. WEDO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with respect to recruitment, hiring, or any other status of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or any other category protected by law.