Ok. You decided that you are going to put together a fundraising event but now you have to make it happen! There are so many different stages of planning that need to be completed in order to have a successful fundraiser. From the location (we’ll get to that next week), the food & beverage, how to entice people, etc. If you’re new to event planning (or even if you’re not) it can be overwhelming trying to put it all together all while raising awarenes so people will actually come to the event. Well, not to worry. We have narrowed down the top 5 ways to promote your fundraising event to make sure you have a full house!
- Social Media: It’s no secret that social media is taking over the internet in strides. If you don’t already have a Facebook page for your Cause/Organization, then making one would be a good idea. Posting on your Facebook with daily reminders about your fundraiser will get people talking.
- Print Advertising: It’s time to get some coverage! Send out some key information about your fundraiser that you want to get out ot the public to your local newspapers and magazines. Think outside of the box on how to cover every important detail of your event.
- Flyers: If your fundraiser is not invite-only then flyers could be very beneficial to spread the word. It may be 2015, but print advertising is still in style. Post your flyers in popular destinations throughout the area.
- Powerful Partnerships: The more connections you make in your efforts to promote your event, the more success you will have with expanding your audience. If you have speakers coming to your event, make sure to let people know! Think locally when finding a partnership.
- Photography/Video: A photograph says a million words. Well, if that’s true then a video says a billion! Spread the word about your fundraiser by means of photos and professional videos posted on the web. Photographs can be used to document important details about your event. Photos and videos can be a very useful tool if done correctly.